WELCOME TO THE OFFICE OF EARLY CHILDHOOD
The mission of the Williamsburg County Early Childhood Division is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that will encourage academic growth and character building. The Early Childhood Program provides quality and developmentally appropriate early childhood education to children in grades PreK-2. This program plays an important role in shaping the social, emotional, and intellectual development of the young child in an environment that is conducive to learning.
We Envision A Community Learning Center…
- Where the students and teachers are engaged in cooperative activities.
- That is a safe, nurturing, and inviting to learning.
- That is child centered where classrooms are structured and appropriate learning taking place.
- Where staff, students, and parents work and play together to show respect, kindness, and love toward one another.
- Where South Carolina State Department Standards are mastered by students at each level.
- Where high academic expectations and instruction are emphasized.
Coordinator of Early Childhood
500 N. Academy Street, Building D
Kingstree, SC 29556
Phone: 843-355-5571 ext. 6177
Rochelle C. Gamble
Early Learning Specialist
Phone: 843-355-5571 ext. 6117
Elizabeth M. McCray
Executive Administrative Specialist
Phone: 843-355-5571 ext. 6109