Students will use The Canvas LMS by Instructure for virtual learning for the 2020-2021 school year. The Canvas LMS by Instructure makes teaching, learning, implementation, customer support, and student success easier. Canvas is reliable, mobile, timesaving, and designed to help students achieve their goals during his or her educational experience.
Check out the videos below for more information on Canvas!
The Williamsburg County School District Information Technology Department focuses on empowering education through technology that enhances learning vital to preparing students for lifelong learning and workforce readiness. Our vision of the Information Technology Department is to prepare all students for success today and tomorrow. The WCSD Information Technology Department plays a key and active role in helping shape student access, knowledge, and use of technology as part of their lifelong learning.
There are five elements to this new vision:
● Integrate technology and curriculum
● Identify and utilize existing, emerging, and cost-efficient technologies that enhance learning
● Ensure equitable access to technology
● Sustain funding for professional development
● Provide Digital Learning Capabilities